- Staff Training
- Behaviour management
- Augmentative communication (e.g. SignAlong)
- Manual handling
- Food hygiene
- First aid
- Policies and procedures
New Hope – Worcester places great importance on continuing professional development for employees.
- Support workers will be qualified to level 2 and or working towards level 3 in childcare. If not already qualified to level 2, New Hope will support them in achieving this.
- All new staff are appointed on a three month probationary contract. During this time they must complete New Hope’s induction programme. In addition, if their appointment was made on condition they commence or complete a particular qualification route, this will be monitored. During the probationary period, staff will have time with managers to learn and understand the principles and practice of New Hope – Worcester.
- Managers, as well as working alongside the staff team, will provide formal supervision each month to see members of the team. All staff members have an annual performance and development appraisal. This process includes reviewing developmental targets from the previous year, agreeing training priorities and target setting for the coming year, including what support the staff require.
- New Hope also provides a ‘debriefing’ service for staff that has experienced a traumatic work related episode.